Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jamie






































Yesterday, I was once again lucky enough to participate in one of those shoots where everything just seem to come together perfectly. Before I knew it, my wife was texting me that dinner was ready and I discovered that several hours had passed.


The client, Jamie, came up with the ideas for the shoot, and asked if I had anyone that I recommend for hair and makeup! I never miss an opportunity to work with Holly Moore, of Imagine Hair and Art Studio. Holly does amazing work, and she’s completely familiar with all of the peculiarities of shooting at my studio. She seems to like (or at least tolerate) Trixie (my Boston Terrier) and Charlie (my Boxer) when they greet her, and she knows to avoid Robert the Devil-Bird (our evil free range rooster). She is completely at home doing hair/makeup at my studio, so I suggested that everyone arrive here at 3PM instead of doing makeup and hair at Imagine and then risk exposing a 50’s style pinup hairdo to the predicted rain while traveling here.

Jamie and Holly arrived, and a short time later, we were shooting! Jamie is extremely photogenic and the hours passed quickly! Holly stuck around, and offered her insight as well as  posing suggestions, provided touch-ups, and some changes in hairstyle after each wardrobe change! Once again, and as always, Holly went well beyond what anyone is reasonably entitled to expect from a MU/H artist. And I could not have asked for a model that had a better personality or who was more photogenic. This shoot serves as just one more reminder thatvthe tremendous egos that are all too often encountered serve no productive purpose at all, and  it’s much easier to accomplish great work if you collaborate with good people.   No tremendous egos were present, we had fun, and I think everyone was extremeley pleased with the results.
At the end of the day, I found myself stuck with an unusually large number of images to sort through. Thus far, it’s been very difficult to narrow down the selections to a manageable amount to edit! And that’s a good problem to have!







Jamie can been seen starting August 24th in Rome Little Theatre's Production of Oliver Twist begining on August 24th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment